Have you planned your escape from the city heat this Australia Day weekend?
The White House Port Holiday Apartments offer wonderful views of the tropical north in Australia. Facing onto a large parkland, you will experience the wonder of waking to the many and varied birdsongs of the area. The apartments are a delightful example of “Old Queenslander” architecture, nestled amid lush tropical gardens. The verandahs are an excellent place to enjoy an apertif before dinner.
Just one short block away from Apartments at The White House is the main street of Port Douglas with its boutique shops, art galleries, fine restaurants and sidewalk cafes.
Experience the Great Barrier Reef and the Daintree Rainforest, as well as the fascinating Atherton Tablelands while visiting Port Douglas. The White House is an excellent base for you to explore the best of Port Douglas and Far North Queensland…
The Apartments at The White House is an ideal place to base your Australia Day break in Port Douglas.
Here’s just some of the fun of Australia Day that will be happening in Port Douglas.
- For the yachties at heart: Port Douglas Combined Club — Coffee and cakes from 8am to watch start of 48th Annual Lowe Island Race. BBQ lunch, $500 Raffle, Great Aussie Games, Live Music by Eddie the Eagle. Ph: 4099 5553
- Family Picnic Day at Port Douglas Community Sports Complex — opens at 9.00am. Come dressed in your best Aussie clobber and win fantastic prizes, Helicopter drop, kids games and races, Bike race down the Bump track, BMX and Skate ramp competition, Broom throwing, Tug of War, Three legged races, Gumboot throwing, Damper and Lamington cooking competition and lots more. Kids races start at 9.30am, adults events at 1.30pm. Registration opens at 8.30am Entry fee $2. All proceeds go to local Douglas Community Charities.
- Family Basket Picnic in the Park, George Davis Park, Mossman – A whole itinerary of family fun starting at 11.30am to 3.30pm. Loads of games, three legged races, potato races, sack races, egg and spoon races, comedy ball games, coo-ee competition and the Inaugural Australia Day Land Race plus much much more. No booking required just turn up and have fun.
- Cow Bay Hotel, Cape Tribulation Road – BBQ, live music, All families welcome starts at 10am. Ph: 4098 9011.
- Paddys Bar, Port Douglas - Newly reopened! Wear your best Aussie gear and there’ll be prizes all day with live music from Darwin guitar legend Grant Turismo moving on to DJ in the evening.
- The Court House Hotel is hosting a full day of Australia Day fun and games from midday with 5 DJs keeping the groove going ’til late.
Book your Australia Day holiday accommodation in Port Douglas before it’s too late. We’re filling fast!